I believe every thread of your birth story matters and deserves respect, support and personalized care. Whether you feel nervous or excited, overjoyed or overwhelmed – or all that and more! – about the upcoming birth, I am committed to educate, empower, and support you during your unique and meaningful birth experience. It is my honor to connect with you at this time in your life, to witness and honor your birth story exactly how it unfolds.
Birth Doula 101
What is a doula?
A doula is experienced, educated and trained in childbirth support and is committed to serving in whichever way best supports the birther and birth partner. Studies show that the presence of a doula leads to better birth outcomes, including: lower rates of cesarean section deliveries, lower rates of induction, reduced use of pain medication and an overall more positive birth experience.
A Doula Will
- provide emotional and physical support during labor
- support you continuously, regardless of how your birth story unfolds
- honor your preferences and decisions about your birth
- support your birth partner to have a meaningful role during labor
A Doula Will Not
- make decisions about your birth
- perform any medical tasks
- replace the support of your birth partner
I offer a free, no-strings-attached meeting to get to know each other and to discuss the type of support you’re looking for. I can then join your birth support team or refer you to the resources that best fit your situation. Either way, I’m happy to connect with you!